What can you expect from Business Central as your ERP system?
Business Central is a powerful and function rich system that can help you drive your business and help your ability to manage your business processes.
Business Central is a module based system even though the modules are tightly integrated with each other. To help you get an overview of the functionality in the system I have created a list of all the modules and the key business processes that each module covers.
- Financial management
- This is where you handle your daily financial operations such as general ledgers, bank accounts, accounts receivables and account payable. Sales tax and V.A.T. is also covered. It is also in this module you will find functionality for fixed assets.
- Typically this is where you will handle customers, orders and invoices.
- This module is used for managing purchase and vendors.
- Here you can work with your item, stock, and simple warehouse management.
- Business Central have a rich module for advanced warehouse management. Here you can handle everything about more complex warehouse and multi location operations.
- Some are surprised when they discover that Business Central covers all the functionality needed for a manufacturing organization. You can plan and route your production, do capacity planning and forecasting. There are also functionality for measuring the quality of your production.
- The project module is the part of the system that handles jobs and resources. Lots of functionality if you invoice resources or a combination of resources and items. You can plan a job, make a budget and keep track of spending and earnings for a certain job.
- If you sell items that needs service agreements or you run a service business you should look into this module. You can handle service and maintenance agreements, warranty repairs and paid repairs in this module.
- This is a CRM like module that can help you with contact management and campaign activities.
- Human resources
- Here you can register you employees, register their competences and certifications and also handle expense management.
It is also important to understand that Business Central is tightly integrated with the Microsoft office and Power plattform.